View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 05:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
winnie12

AHHH - shame on your mom for not letting you come without your daughter. Seems kinda silly since its you who is supposed to honor your mom not gd. But whatever - nothing you can do about that. My son is in jail and wants me to come visit him because tonite the gold card kids (ones who reach the high levels for good behavior) get to have parents bring them dinner. Okay - so mothers day and i'm supposed to do something nice for HIM? doesnt seem right to me somehow.

this weekend i broke my front tooth - so I'm not going anywhere until the dentist opens on monday - no pain involved because it was a crown but i'm not going in public without a tooth. My mom was bummed that i wont be going to church with her today but understands. (i'll go out without makeup but not missing teeth!)

So even though I have my DD - its not going to be the hallmark version of mother's day. No breakfast in bad or lovely brunch, no cards and flowers and presents. We have these expectations because of what we see on tv and hear from others that this is what its supposed to be. Everyone worshipping mom for all that we have done - the real world is just different. Especially when you have an addict in your life who cannot appreciate anyone.

Until i let go of those "expectations" I would be sad on mothers day and on my birthday. But slowly i'm realizing that it doesnt really matter in the grand scheme of things. I know in my heart that I and you have been good moms - we didnt do it for rewards or recognition - we did it because that's the right thing to do. For that alone i'll celebrate myself. some day i hope both my AS and your AD realize that we were good moms who were there for them but if it never happens at least we have the peace that we did the best we could - not for rewards but because its who we are.