Old 05-08-2009, 10:51 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Blondie

Yes, I've been there too. Years of it. Plus, my STXAH spent over $10,000 last year at the bar, plus took money out of the kid's savings accounts to pay for THEIR Christmas (his logic was "well, I put it in there" but it was supposed to be toward collage when they got older). I would hate to add up all of the expenses due to alcohol, but my best guess is that it probably would have paid off the mortgage on our house with some left over.

Since we seperated I have discovered that the grocery bill has dropped by $150 a week (no buying cigerettes for him and Monster drinks to help him wake up in the morning or junk food, etc). He complained last week that HE spent over $200 on a trip to the grocery store just for HIM!!!!!!:wtf2

On the plus side, I'm eating better and am a lot less stressed - so I'm loosing weight and I feel much better in so many ways (and so do the kids). Even though all of that money is gone for good, I did leave with something much more valuable then money - my serenity - and HE is NOT getting that because I WON'T LET HIM HAVE IT EVER AGAIN - IT IS MINE!