View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 10:03 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
christin1225

Originally Posted by jane_668 View Post
Christin, please talk to your doctor. Anything could be causing your anxiety. He may give you some non addictive anti-anxity meds. The doctors are there to help us so please use this option. Keep him informed of what's going on with you. Our experiences are all different so you will get different answers on this board. Only a qualified doctor will be able to help you.
Jane, thanks! My current doctor schedules 10-minute visits. He doesn't listen. I have an appointment with him this week, but an appointment with another doctor next week (who may not take me, so I don't dare tick off my current doctor).

I've spoken with the nurse of the new doctor and if he accepts me (his practice is part-time), he has his patients keep a daily journal and his patients bring the journal in and he discusses what's been happening on a daily basis. The appointments average 20-30 minutes. Everyone is scheduled for 30 minutes. I can't imagine that level of care! And he'll bill my insurance (the same amount of money per visit as my current doctor charges).

I'm trying to be patient until I see the new doctor. I'm really afraid that my current doc might drop me if I put up too much of a fuss. He knew that anxiety was what led me to taking the pills and had prescribed something at the first visit. But, I had hallucinations from it (it was a medicine used for schizophrenia which is actually an opiate uptate blocker!!) He has never prescribed anything since. It was like, "Well, if you didn't like what I prescribed the first time. Oh well.) Maybe he doesn't know any non-addictive meds.

Anyway, all that's okay now that I have another doctor in the works. I don't feel so trapped. I was really frustrated before. But, I forget easily and the longer that it gets from my previous visit, the more guilty I feel for looking for another doctor. But, each time that happened, I have my visit, need to discuss something and can't, and leave frustrated.

I took an extra 2mg on Friday night. Even though I was still sick on Saturday, it wasn't nearly as bad as Thursday or Friday nor was the anxiety as bad. So, I stuck to 6mg yesterday and will again today. I'm still afraid to eat, though.

It's been suggested that I metabolize Sub differently/quickly. I met another girl in IOP who had some of the same problems as I had with it in the beginning. I've read stories about how Sub has "turned" on people after a year or more of of using. Some of what I have already experienced has resembled those stories.

I thank everyone for being here for me (especially since this is primarily Jimba's thread). I've really been hijacking it lately and the fact that he doesn't mind is a testament to how great of a guy he is!

How are you doing today, Jimba?

Don... oh I wish that I could do it totally the way that you did. I admire you so much! I don't know much self-control I could have with Ativan. Thanks for sticking with me.