View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 08:15 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Ananda

yeah....it isn't letting the sticky define...it's reading something and learning what i can from the process...learning is interactive...i learn about myself even from reading or listening to crazy I listened to rush limba for a year and i learned alot even though i think he is a nutball (not to bring in politics..just an example some might relate to)

Out of that fear are born these beliefs: I'm a loser, when they find out what a failure I am they will abandon me, money=power=people following me, I'll be miserable, I could go on ad infinitum. Those beliefs lead to me playing the bigshot or kissing people's ass so that they'll like me. What happens is that I drive them away and then I end up with I feared to begin with. It is like fear is a self-fulfilling prophesy.
It has been suggested to me by people who care that i am doing something very similar to this....i guess what i have found to be very helpful when dealing with fear is to remind myself...i have made a decision to live my life based on the idea that safety is not the point of life.....now that doesn't mean i will walk into a burning building for no reason, but i might if there were a compelling reason to.

Life isn't safe and if i want safety i don't get to live by my definition of the word

Sorta got sidetracked there, but in a helpful way for me.