View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 01:39 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  
Sweets79
To thine own self be true

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
(((Sweets)))

Welcome!! I actually had a fairly "normal" childhood, but for some reason, had a tendency to be a codie (codependent). My first love relationship was with a functioning alcoholic and my codependency flourished.

I just wanted you to know that I think my codie-ness and my addiction are very closely linked. I couldn't handle my relationship issues...turned to substances to numb the pain.
The good news is, I discovered SR in recovery, and started learning about codependency. I've been working on my recovery from my addiction and my recovery from codependency at the same time, and it is amazing how different (and better) my life has become. Sure, I still have some rough days/nights, but they are nothing like the YEARS I used to have.

Speaking of....today was a good day. I'm finished with this month's work, other than typing up the orders for the stores. I spoke with dad, a few times, only about work stuff. I will apologize, at some point, for MY behavior last night, but not right now. I'm not ready to get into a discussion about last night, and I think a "cooling off" period is what I need, so I'm taking it!

I had to laugh..when I got home, Brit was teaching stepmom how to play rock/scissors/paper but they were both trying to cheat and both were laughing. It was like music to my ears.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Aww thank you for sharing that with me Amy...I'm very grateful I found this site...I believe it helped me not pick up a drink since I've been posting..I;ve been on alot the past few days, and it has been helping tremendously... for that I am truly grateful...It's a relief to talk to people who are kind, supportive, and UNDERSTAND..The more I read the more I learn..I hope I stick to it this time...if I don't I know things will get undoubtedly worse for me, with relationships and my life in general...Thanks again..:ghug3