View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 11:11 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
jane_668

Chrsitin, oh sweetie you're doing awesome. You're hanging in!!! I'm so Proud of you. Remember ,every one reacts differently to Sub. Focus on the outcome. You'll finally be drug -free yay. I know it's be hard and really exhausting but all it takes is getting through today. Focus on Today ,okay!! Promise yourself that no matter what happens you'll stick to your taper. Honey, you're NOT alone. You're in my prayers and I'm have Faith in you. YOU can get through this. Baby steps. Just put one foot infront of the other. If you want, read my old threads and you'll know where I'm coming from. If I can make it so Can you. Everyone can recover but you have to work it.In my AA homegroup we close the meeting by saying "It works , If you work it, So work it, You're worth it". I loved it. Try to go to as much meetings as you can . You need support especially when you're in wds. Don't be afraid to tell them that you're on sub and you're weaning down. It all starts with honesty. I learned that everyone can share their wisdom and experience but they cannot get me clean. I have to do the hard work. It's not easy but WE Have NO OTHER OPTION. It's either recovery or jails,institutions and death; oh and please don't forget to add misery,lonliness and isolation to the list. You know what? You can write down all the reasons why you want to stay clean; all the jams you get yourself into because of drugs. That's what they told me to do. It helped me a lot.I keep this list in my wallet.

What do you mean by three days? Three days once symptoms start? I decreased on Sunday, thought that I might be sick on Tuesday (that was what hapened with the last taper) but I didn't get sick until yesterday and I was sick most of the day
I meant that the worst sypmtoms peak at day 3 then they would decrease gradually. So if you can hang in 3 days after each dose reduction then personally I think you would be fine. I also believe that while tapering many of the sypmtoms would be psychological. We would be expecting to have wds and any heache or stomach ache would be interpreted as wds.

Fortunately, I was left mostly to myself at work. I don't think that I'll be reducing on Sunday again.
IMHO, you shouldnot reduce any more doses till you stabalize on 6mgs. That's why you said you felt it sucks from the beginning. You're not giving yourself enough time to feel some comfort. Ofcourse you'll feel exhausted. My dear Christin, somehwere along the journey we have to rest somewhere before we can continue our trip. As Jima said, this is not a race . if you fear PAWs ,donn worry. It's better to have a mild PAW then relapse. Wds at 6mgs sometimes means you're weaning down too quickly.

PS-don't self-medicate. If you are really feeling bad then perhaps you can talk to your doctor who can prescribe something non-addictive. My sponsor used to tell me that I'm a pill addict and my answer to life was in the form of a pill. I don't think you would want to detox from xanax/valium in addition to sub. Their wd is even worse. Keep your doctor informed. Always ask him for advice whenever you're feeling any discomfort. There may be another medical issue which is not sub related. We're Not doctors here. We merely share our experience so that it can give hope to others. Only he can know what's going on with you excatly. That's why you're paying him money. There's no easy way out here. However, you can make sure to do this Only once. I am here for you. PM any time you want:praying

Love
Jane

Last edited by jane_668; 05-01-2009 at 11:37 PM.