Old 05-01-2009, 01:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Joan)))

Just wanted to give you a big :ghug3.

I also wanted to clarify something about the Salvation Army. Some of their shelters DO charge..the one in the town where I was using charged by the night. It was only $5 or $10, but several people from my AA group were staying there and I remember some worried about not having that money.

Looking back at that time, I remember several people who were working with the local treatment center, trying to get resources for bipolar or other mental illnesses. They stayed at the Salvation Army (I think the treatment center would pay for a certain amount of time), went to meetings, looked for jobs or worked when the could. None of them had cars, and the bus system there was a joke, so those of us with cars would get them around. The one thing they didn't do, was call mom. I guess for them, mom wasn't an option.

I don't mean this to sound harsh, honestly. I had forgotten all about these friends, until I read this thread. I don't even know what they're relationship with their parents was, except for one girl and her mom was in worse shape than she was.

I just know the people who run out of enablers, will figure out how to do things for themselves.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy