Old 05-01-2009, 12:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JMFburns

I know my story and my son's story is not unique, sometimes it just seems that way. Or sometimes I just want it to be unique so that I can justify my "enabling" as something other than enabling. That is why every couple of months I start my own thread to get help from the experience of others to get my mind back where it needs to get to.

I hear you all and appreciate each and every one of you, with your different experiences - some with loved ones working on recovery, some with loved ones rebelling against recovery, some with no contact with their loved ones, their actual offspring, the ones we gave birth to and raised - ARGH, it's like ripping out my heart with my own fist. But I hear that you are surviving, some even thriving, and I want so badly to be you, to have what you have, to be strong. How? I pray for your prayers to keep trying.

I started my original post saying 'it's the end of the week and I'm tired' but I'll drag my butt to my AlAnon meeting because I know it's what I need to do. It's our speeker meeting, usually a guest from outside our group - I love those - hearing someone elses story and seeing them surviving is inspiring. Thanks