View Single Post
Old 05-10-2004, 06:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lorelai

First Day of Peace in 15 Years

Funny how things work. I have spent 15 years trying to get my H to quit drinking during which time he said he would never quit drinking and didn't have a problem. A few months after I stopped trying to get him to quit drinking, he says he's going to quit. Who woulda' thought? :shrug:

Yesterday (Mother's Day) was the first day in 15 years that my H didn't drink a beer. It was the first day in 15 years that we could actually have a conversation that made sense. It was the first day in 15 years that I actually enjoyed being with him - the entire day.

My H still doesn't want to talk about it. He says he isn't going to drink anymore - ever. He says he doesn't need a program or any help. He's just going to stop and never drink again. Of course, I'm not holding my breath and doubt if that will work. I told him that I pray that it will work and that I will do whatever I can to support him. I told him that, if he decides he might want some help, I can suggest people who might help him.

Regardless of what happens in the future, I am grateful for my one day of peace.
L