Thread: Studying my DOC
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 06:30 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
jimhere

Originally Posted by Katie09 View Post
Thanks for asking, Jim. I am doing ok. Went to my therapist, we had a good session. In spite of my bumpy road, she sees growth. Not everything is as it appears to be, I am discovering. That is ok with me. Like they say in my treatment place, "suspend judgment." That is what I am trying to do and to not take things personally - as well.

How are you today?

Good deal. For what it's worth, I've seen a change over the last several days as well.

It was a great discovery for me when I realized that not everything is as it appears, and that I could change a crappy day into a good day with a simple change in the way I perceived the day's events and the people I encountered. Actually that is when I began to get over being so thin-skinned. I realized that most people don't think I'm that important. They don't get up in the morning and think "What can I do to **** Jim off?" They're too busy thinking about themselves to waste too much energy on me.

Suspending judgement is another good practice. Things are not good nor bad, they just are. I'm not saying that I practice that 100% every day, but when I can, the days go much smoother and I'm not exhausted at the end of the day.

Just got home from work, so I am a bit tired. Going to take it easy this evening.
Jim