Thread: Suboxone ?
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 09:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Angelic17

Cool

Originally Posted by Jimba View Post
Angelic my Dr. Put me on 32mg of suboxone and take it as long as you like 5 min appointment and out the door. Would you charactarize that as good advise. I am just wondering why you would tell someone who knows nothing about suboxone to only listen to his Dr. and not listen to these other adicts. I have found a great wealth in these other adicts experiences. I may have missed something in the thread.
Jimba, I do understand what your saying, and I am sorry if my post came off the wrong way. In Harleys earlier post he said that a friend gave him suboxone. What I was trying to tell him was not to self medicate, and not to take pills from friends. That's why I told him to listen to his doctor. When I said don't listen to all the other addicts, I meant that everyone has a different tolerance to medications, and what has sickened one person, might have helped another greatly. I didn't mean not to listen to other addicts about everything. Just about self medicating. After all it's self medicating that got us into trouble in the first place. Your doctor obviously didn't take very much time with you, if he gave you a script, told you to take it as long as you like, and out the door. I wouldn't call that good advice at all. My doctor, gave me a script, told me to use as little as possible, Just enough to stop withdrawal, and to try to wean off quickly. Which is what I did. But he knew I really wanted off of all substances. He told me suboxone should be used for a short while, but that's in my case. I cannot speak for another addict who is suffering with severe addiction. What's good for me may not be good for someone else. I'm sorry I didn't phrase my post the right way, and sorry you misunderstood me. I love this site, and all of the addicts here lift me up, and help me to get through another day clean, with love and support. I will be more careful at the way I phrase my posts. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.