Thread: Studying my DOC
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 07:22 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Originally Posted by Eroica View Post
U can't take what a cop says about drugs seriously because of what you said but also because they've moralized the issue of drug use. Its funny in a sick way that they scare people by telling them that they'll end up in jail, but they're the ones who are gonna put them there. There's nothing immoral about doing drugs. Just like there's nothing immoral about gambling, going to a hooker, or shooting a gun. But lawmakers don't agree with me. So its just not cops, but drug policy itself that gives a false representation of drugs.
Good points. I wonder though, how true the bolded statement is. I suppose it depends on your particular morals. Not that I'm saying anyone has lower morals than I do (I maintain that I am no longer a good person since I started doing drugs, but I wonder how much of this is mental lag. I was definitely not a good person while on drugs but maybe I've started to get back to the person I used to be now that I have quit). Maybe drugs have different levels of morality? That might sound crazy, I don't really know.

But here's how I see it: smoking pot makes you a little paranoid then you fall asleep. How often do you hear about a pot smoker in a wild shoot-out with police? So maybe there's nothing immoral about it. I still don't think you're really hurting anyone by smoking a bit.

Meth and coke are a different story. They make you paranoid and you go crazy and hurt people. That hallucination about the cops I mentioned? The rest of the story is kind of scary. I flipped out, I was terrified and my bf started by trying to talk me out of it. When that didn't work and I continued to become more upset he had to physically restrain me, put me in a bear hug to keep me from hitting him. And when I continued to get worse it ended with me pinned on the couch in one of his wrestling holds (he wrestled for 18 years, even went to Olympic training camp) so I couldn't kick, scratch or bite him either. I was TERRIFIED of what was happening to me and because I was high I was terrified of him-- and for no reason, he might have done a number of things wrong (me too) but physical abuse was never among them. If I'd gotten a knife (he doesn't keep guns) one of us would have been hospitalized and the other in jail by the end of the night. And you know what? I've not hit another person EVER in my entire life.

That potential to do harm makes me think those harder drugs might be immoral. Then you have the whole issue of what happens to the money you spend to buy drugs, what that money supports.