Old 04-27-2009, 11:02 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Ah, Judy. The tarantula just sat there and ignored me while I took its picture. Most of the wildlife did, in fact. It's like once they realize you're just curious and won't hurt them they don't mind. Ticks give me the creepy-crawlies though.

There's a lot of wildlife around. I know there are scorpions out there, I've seen them, so I hope to get a pic of one sometime. Other potential photos I would like include the standard rabbits, skunks, and raccoons that live bloody everywhere in North America. Also coyotes, razorbacks (aka ugly wild hogs), armadillos, possums, foxes, quail, and roadrunners. Bats, hawks, and eagles are cool but present a challenge for a mediocre photographer such as myself. Yesterday I missed getting pics of two white tail deer and a wild turkey. Perhaps if I didn't have my dog with me... haha. There are mountain lions and in Eastern Oklahoma there are black bears but frankly I hope I never run into either of those-- most of the time encounters with these critters are uneventful but I'd hate to test the odds with such formidable predators.

Oh. I just realized this is SR not the Nature Conservancy.

Last edited by gneiss; 04-27-2009 at 11:23 AM.