View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 10:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Relief

Three days ago I would have NEVER typed these words . . .

Saturday April 25th I woke-up with a hangover (again), and I thought I would never make it until the store opened at 9am to get more hooch. I had the shakes and the sweats. While I was waiting for the store to open, I decided to use the internet to look-up AA meetings in my neighborhood. I found one two blocks away that started at 8:45am, 15 minutes before the liquor store opened. I decided to go check it out. I figured if I didn't like it I could leave and head for more hooch.

I AM NOT a religous person, but despite that fact, I found the most hope in that little room than I ever have with regard to my ending this downhill spiral of drinking I am on. I felt no judgment and no pressure.

So, believe it or not, I am going to recommend AA. I am currently struggling with the higher power thing, but after three meetings (one each day) I will return again tomorrow because take those three letters out of it - that would be GOD - and what I see is a plan and hope.

Give it a try. All you will lose is one hour of your time, and if you are anything like me, we have already wasted a serious amount of time, so, what's an hour?