View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 10:07 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
AnthonyV

Originally Posted by sfgirl View Post
I completely understand going to a professional that specializes in addiction medicine but the problem with that is that you have to know you have a problem and get yourself there. I just feel that I can see addicts now from four blocks away as well as people in recovery so I know I wasn't as good as hiding as I thought. There are people who could have seen me and helped. It didn't happen.
It's sad that you were let down by not being properly diagnosed. My heart truly does ache when I hear stories of people who have suffered that really didn't need to, be it because they were improperly diagnosed, were improperly medicated by a physician/psychiatrist or self medicated via drugs and alcohol. But that doesn't eliminate the fact that more people are helped with proper treatment than those that self-diagnosis. My most sincere wishes to you to prosper on your goal towards sobriety. That is the goal that we are all trying to reach and I hope you, I and everyone who wants it find that lasting, happy sobriety. Peace.