Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 07:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
GiveLove

Overture, congratulations on taking these steps for yourself. I am always so proud of people who have the guts to "bring in reinforcements" to help them work through things that cause them pain. That's what psychologists are there for!

I was really afraid of opening all those little boxes too, for a long time. But wow what a relief it was when I finally started doing it. I'd go somewhere and cry after my sessions, then take a walk, clear my head, wipe my face, and finish my day. I always felt better the next morning, like I'd cleaned something.

It was kind of like this: My counselor would help me open one of those emotional boxes, and it was all smelly and stale and horrible inside, from being left all those years. But eventually we'd get it all cleaned out, and take a big hose to it, flush it clean LOL

Some of those boxes, in my mind, I'd paint up all nice, and now I use them to store good memories instead

Hugs to you for this brave thing you're doing. As for AH? Well...his life, his choices. You do what's best for YOU.