Old 04-23-2009, 11:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Katie09

Have you found in sobriety you need to clean house?

I'm not talking about a house literally. I am talking about leaving friendships behind. Just today, I've been accused of being a liar, been reamed (sp?) by someone in AA and blown off by some guy. I am NOT having a good day.

I am done being a doormat. I am done apologizing when my feelings are valid. I am done researching cell phone records as if I'm insane, because someone else says we talked on that day and, of course, I must have my facts straight, and detailed cell phone usage and received and sent emails don't lie. OMG, I am OCD and cannot believe I go to these lengths. I have a right to be respected and treated with courtesy, as I know there are people out there who will do so.

My friends just left this a.m. They said they were treated like royalty and that this place was like a resort. Sure, I knocked myself out, but it's all good. This is who I am when on the right meds and not drinking.

At any rate, my question is about having to clean house and your experiences? Thanks in advance.