Thread: Vivid Recovery
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 02:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
lunarise
lunarlovelunar

aghhhh....its been a good day.
I really appreciate spending time with my sister. Its so much better sober! She was living near me for about a year while I was still drinking and we started drinking together. Me much more so than her. It wasn't pretty, we fought and argued alot. It seems that we are much more real with each other now. Being that my mom passed about 3 years ago I think I really took on the mother role too there for a while. I cant tell you how much better our relationship is now that a I have stopped drinking and b stopped playing mommy to a 26 year old. lol I love my sister, I still really dont think she knows what she means to me. Of course I have tried to explain a few times but some things I guess you cant really express fully.

After today's outing I can say without a doubt that I NEED to be in town at least twice a week. Ive noticed a vast improvement in my anxiety and mood since I started going into town again after a reclusive period. YEAH! Of course I knew this already but nothing like relearning something that you've known for 5 years!

Love that little guy.....