View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 10:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ananda

I had a problem long before i realized i did. Its tough cause if you aren't sure if you can control it or not...well...it seems to make it pretty difficult to stay sober. Even if you aren't interested in AA there are parts of the big book that speak about the insanity of drinking and you might benifit from reading some of that to see if you perhaps have less control than you think.

When i thought there was a possiblity I could control my drinking, I drank....found out I didn't have control and was stuck in the bottle for 8 years...almost didn't make it out....I suspect listening to other alchoholics with lower bottoms talk about thier earlier years where they lost control and didn't realize it might have helped.

Maybe you can ask some people to share about how they saw thier out of controlness .... I know for me a big clue should have been things like I could drink anyone under the table, I couldn't ever stop at that point of just starting t ofeel good but had to go on to flat out drunk (most of the time) and I choose things dependent on wether it would enhance or inhibit my drinking.