View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 08:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
betterjohn

The younger crowd needs some help

Hello people,

Last night during the meeting someone said something interesting that kinda hit home, I guess I just completely related to the statement. I forget exactly what was said but it was some where a long the lines of: "I don't think my drinking has caused a big enough problem for me to quit, what should my low point be or how can I make it feel like I have reached a low enough point?"

I'm 25 and I can see that my drinking is progressing, it seems like I'm slipping up more and doing stupid things more often, like either drinking every night until I blackout or going out and doing something stupid I can't remember (like starting a fight or having an emotional melt down). The problem is that I seem to be straddling the fence, I really haven't done that much damage to myself/others to want to quit but I have done enough where I can see that this might be a problem I'll have the rest of my life if I don't get control now.

I guess I'm at a fork in my life and I really don't know which path to take, in fact I don't really know what paths there are for me to take. I only know two paths, continue how I have and hope I can control my problem enough or figure out a way to stop drinking completely. What should I do?