View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 08:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bugsmum
little darlin'

hi marvelgirl, it's nice to meet you...

I wanted to quickly share my experience w/ sub and xanax. I have never taken the two together or at the same time, however I have taken both idependently.

I am currently on 3mg's of sub daily, recently tapering from 4. Many, many years ago I was prescribed xanax for very bad anxiety but haven't touched it since I went through a horrible w/d from it back then.

Honestly, the withdrawl I experienced from xanax was the absolute worst period of time I can recall in my entire life. I am an addict and I have proven to myself that I will abuse anything. I would be afraid that if I were to try to take xanax I wouldn't be able to do it responsibly. I know this may sound contradictary or hypocritical as I am currently taking sub, however I am somehow able to maintain my sub dose w/o abusing it. Perhaps it's the fact I'm also involved in NA and seeing an addiction counselor, but I have not had the urge to abuse my sub.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that I would be fearful of becoming addicted to the xanax again. Maybe you can take both medications responsibly, good for you if you can... really. I just know I couldn't do it, not the xanax anyway.

Please be careful either way, because as I understand it, there really could be some very serious health implications if you take them both at the same time.

Please keep posting and let us know how your doing. Good luck & take care of yourself.