View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 08:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Katie09

Hi there CP!

This is so weird, but I was going to post a thread in here last night asking "what do you do when you feel lonely?"
And here you are posting just what I wanted to post only I felt like I should not, as I tend to post in here a lot. I wish more people would post more threads so I don't feel like I am a forum-hogger.

Anyway, I hope you are feeling better today. BTW, what do you do when you feel lonely? When I go to my group I feel good. But then when I get home this loneliness sets in. Last night I just distracted myself by writing an email and watching TV and sleeping. I have a busy day today in which I have to write coping strategies for each trigger for each letter of the alphabet and then a summary of for this milestone #1, plus I need to look at bills (and even pay them) and clean and then go to group tonight.

Oh, and one more thing your post made me think of - I am now outnumbered by AA people in my group. This really got on my nerves last night as there was this one woman who joined who said AA is new for her and she wants to know all of the slogans. It was a bit much for me and, since this group is based on CBT, I did feel uncomfortable. I hope more people who don't do AA join this group, as I have 19 more groups to go and that is too much if everyone is an AAer. I have kept my mouth shut, for the most part, about my feelings re: AA, but when someone tells me to "call my sponsor" I just cringe. Good news is the therapist always makes it a point to look at me and say "or SMART recovery, there are many paths out there." Ok, talking too much but am only on second cup of coffee here.

Ok, thanks for posting this thread!