View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
grace33

I want to be a better person

Hi this is my first time posting. I kinda computer illiterate so Im not sure if Im doing this right. In the beginning I took Lortabs for ligitimate pain for severe neck issues. It then turned into a everyday thing pain or not. I realized it made me feel better mentally. I have alot of issues I have not dealt with and Lortabs helped me deal. I suffered many years of sexual abuse as a child, severe anorexia as a teen and horrific spousal abuse from my ex husband coulped with six miscarriages. I stopped taking tabs when I was pregnant with my little one but started right back soon after. I was taking about 10-12 a day. I have spent a alot of money my family doesn't have to get them. I would get anxiety if I ran out. I woke each day thinking about pills and how to get them. I could not function or be normal without them. I am so tired of living like this. I AM stronger than the pills. My husband and kids deserve better I deserve better. I am now on day 4 and it has been very hard. My wonderful mother in law took off work to help me. It was really hard telling her I was addicted to pills and needed help but Im glad I did. Having it out in the open makes me want recovery more because I don,t want to let anyone down. The withdrawls were really bad but are now getting better on day 4. I now feel like my self again. Im still having a hard time sleeping and having belly troubles but I can at least see light at the end of the tunnel. I WILL NOT FAIL. Im still craving but not enough to give in and go through withdrawls again. I would love any advice or suggestions from people that have gone through this and understands how it feels.