Notices

I want to be a better person

Old 04-15-2009, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I want to be a better person

Hi this is my first time posting. I kinda computer illiterate so Im not sure if Im doing this right. In the beginning I took Lortabs for ligitimate pain for severe neck issues. It then turned into a everyday thing pain or not. I realized it made me feel better mentally. I have alot of issues I have not dealt with and Lortabs helped me deal. I suffered many years of sexual abuse as a child, severe anorexia as a teen and horrific spousal abuse from my ex husband coulped with six miscarriages. I stopped taking tabs when I was pregnant with my little one but started right back soon after. I was taking about 10-12 a day. I have spent a alot of money my family doesn't have to get them. I would get anxiety if I ran out. I woke each day thinking about pills and how to get them. I could not function or be normal without them. I am so tired of living like this. I AM stronger than the pills. My husband and kids deserve better I deserve better. I am now on day 4 and it has been very hard. My wonderful mother in law took off work to help me. It was really hard telling her I was addicted to pills and needed help but Im glad I did. Having it out in the open makes me want recovery more because I don,t want to let anyone down. The withdrawls were really bad but are now getting better on day 4. I now feel like my self again. Im still having a hard time sleeping and having belly troubles but I can at least see light at the end of the tunnel. I WILL NOT FAIL. Im still craving but not enough to give in and go through withdrawls again. I would love any advice or suggestions from people that have gone through this and understands how it feels.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Grace. I haven't had issue with pills, but with alcohol. I just wanted to give you a warm welcome to SR and to tell you that you have come to the right place for support. Have you been to a doctor yet? I would advice seeing a doctor about this. Your stomach issues should be addressed.

You will not fail if you keep going any lengths to remain pill free. You certainly can do this and kudos to you for having a supportive mother in law.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I have no knowledge of pills but would guess that after four days you're over the worst of withdrawal. There is a Substance Abusers forum here that might have more answers and experience with pills. Welcome to our family of recovering addicts! I'm glad you found us.

You are truly blessed to have such a loving mother in law.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Grace,

I'm glad you are dealing with your addiction. You will be able to stop using the pills for good and to deal with the underlying issues in your life. I'm glad you have family support.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome....

Blessings to you and your family
Old 04-15-2009, 08:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. This is an amazing resource with really wonderful people and lots of experience and wisdom to share.

Good to hear that you have the support of family. Way to go with making the decision to take this on - for yourself and your family and now also for the people here on SR (we all get stronger as each one of us gets cleaner).

Looking forward to knowing you here on SR.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on Day four. Let me warn you about substitution. If I were you I would stay off all alcohol and drugs. They could trigger you back to lortabs. I would also try to get a therapist. You need to talk with someone about your horrific childhood.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome Grace
Old 04-15-2009, 09:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Old 04-15-2009, 10:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

grace~~I'm Monica. I am an addict of Lortabs (clean 5 years) and am here because I am now fighting alcohol. I kicked the Lortabs like you, at home and cold turkey. You will sleep soon and it will be a wonderful, relaxing sleep. You may yawn a lot and eyes water as well. The stomach problems will subside. Eat when you are hungry. Drink plenty of water and stay away from caffiene until you can sleep better. You can do this!
Old 04-15-2009, 10:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Grace
Old 04-15-2009, 12:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you came to this site. I've found it so helpful and everyone is so supportive I also have a serious addiction to all pain pills. And methadone ended up being the only thing that would do the trick anymore. And I got up to 15-20 10mg pills a day. I don't know how I lived through that. I had to wean myself down, and it took a while. And Iknow those withdrawls feel like they'll never end while you are going through it. But they will.

You are strong and you can do this. But don't do it alone, I suggest with all my heart to get into NA or AA. These meetings have saved my life. Get a sponsor and a support group. Some advice I'd like to share that someone shared with me recently: Persue your recovery as strongly as you did your addiction. Work as hard on your sobriety as you did on getting high. You're on the right path.

Keep up the hard work, its so worth it...
Old 04-16-2009, 11:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Unhappy Thanks for welcoming me

Im sitting here at my computer crying my eyes out about all the wonderful replies I got. It feels so good to have it all out in the open. Today is day 5 and my withdrawls are so much better. The craving however is driving me crazy at times. I had someone call me yesterday and offer me 10-10mg lortabs. It took absolutly everything in me to say no. After that call it was all I could think about. When I woke this morning it was still on my mind. I had to run errands this morning and actually went out of my way so I wouldn't pass this persons house. I was scared to see that ever familar driveway that I visited so many times in desperation, petrified that they may not have any pills but praying with all my heart they did. I just want the craving to go away. Im trying so hard to resist,to escape addictions clutches. When will it subside? I just wish I didn't want it so bad. Its like my every thought is about pills. I crave that feeling. That absolute happiness I feel when I have them. I feel utterly hopeless and sad right now. I almost wish I could just give in. I could have them in 5 min and then I would feel happy but Im tired of chemically induced happiness its not real. I will not think of tommorrow Ill battle this demon today and by the grace of God, Ill have the strenth to fight another day.:praying
Old 04-18-2009, 08:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

I don't know about "pill" w/d.... but I'm here to offer you love and support through a horrific time of losing what "we thought" to be our 1st love! For me, alcohol has been that love for me and yet my worst enemy at the same time. Don't give up.... Don't give in and connect with those who truly care for you! You are sooooo very important! I can't stress that enough!!!! Love 2 U!!!!