View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 03:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
xbrendnx

how much is too much?

i've been drinking fairly heavy for a while, probly 5 days a week for the first five years, almost every day for 3 years, and now i'm back down to 4 or so days a week. the problem is that i've always drank kinda heavy. after about three years i was drinking about 3/5 of a bottle of booze. (mostly tequila). anyway... i'm really trying to quit now because i have a family and my kid is getting older, and i don't want him to have that image of me for life. i got laid off from my job recently, so that makes it harder. it's easier to quit when you're busy. long story short, i'm pretty sure it's now or never. i drink a whole bottle on the days i drink now. sometimes if it's a long time.. like 6+ hours, i'll even throw in 4 or 5 beers. i'm pretty sure this is gonna kill me. i've gotten some wierd pains in my upper chest area lately.anyway.... i thought everyone drank like that, but i started reading up on it and turns out, i drink alot more than usual. problem is, i drink at home, i don't go out and do anything stupid. it just doesn't cause that many problems. that's why it's so easy to keep drinking. oh well.. i registered and i'm gonna read alot of threads and hopefully this is the first step towards quitting. i've got the wanting to part down.... one foot in front of the other, i guess. thank you in advance for any advice.