Old 04-11-2009, 07:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
marle

Thumbs down OT-got served raw food twice at daughter's restaurant

In the past month my husband and I have gone to dinner twice at the restaurant where my daughter works. Now this restaurant is the fanciest place to eat in our small town. The first time I ordered chicken and it was raw in the center. I got another order and it was cooked fine. Last night I ordered fish that had a crabmeat stuffing. After the first couple of bites, I thought that it was a bit chewy so I flipped it over and it was raw in the center. I completely lost my appetite since I really don't like sushi and so I sent it back and asked that it be taken off my bill. The manager did it and apologized at which time I told him that this has happened both times I have been there in the last month. My daughter later told me that the manager said that the fish was cooked just fine, most people like their fish a bit rare and that I was just a complainer. She also told me that it was the prep cook that microwaved the fish and that he was itching to go outside and smoke a little weed. I totally do not like the manager of this restaurant. It has to do with things my daughter has told me about things he says and does to his waitstaff. A nicer thing for him to do would have been to offer me a free meal in the future. But we will not be going back there to eat anytime soon. Seems that a lot of people have been sending back their food. I guess when both your main cook and assistant cooks like their drugs more than their jobs there must be a problem. Hugs and bon apetite, Marle