OT-got served raw food twice at daughter's restaurant

Old 04-11-2009, 07:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs down OT-got served raw food twice at daughter's restaurant

In the past month my husband and I have gone to dinner twice at the restaurant where my daughter works. Now this restaurant is the fanciest place to eat in our small town. The first time I ordered chicken and it was raw in the center. I got another order and it was cooked fine. Last night I ordered fish that had a crabmeat stuffing. After the first couple of bites, I thought that it was a bit chewy so I flipped it over and it was raw in the center. I completely lost my appetite since I really don't like sushi and so I sent it back and asked that it be taken off my bill. The manager did it and apologized at which time I told him that this has happened both times I have been there in the last month. My daughter later told me that the manager said that the fish was cooked just fine, most people like their fish a bit rare and that I was just a complainer. She also told me that it was the prep cook that microwaved the fish and that he was itching to go outside and smoke a little weed. I totally do not like the manager of this restaurant. It has to do with things my daughter has told me about things he says and does to his waitstaff. A nicer thing for him to do would have been to offer me a free meal in the future. But we will not be going back there to eat anytime soon. Seems that a lot of people have been sending back their food. I guess when both your main cook and assistant cooks like their drugs more than their jobs there must be a problem. Hugs and bon apetite, Marle
Old 04-11-2009, 08:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Disgusting, isn't it? My youngest daughter was having to deal with trying to do things in the kitchen alone at work while the manager and another kitchen helper were out back smoking weed. Thankfully both of them are now gone!

It's amazing the people they hire in management positions nowdays, let alone the people working under them.

We've completely quit eating at the local Sonic here in town as the majority of employees are drug users. The service has been going downhill, and the food was even worse!
Old 04-11-2009, 10:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

With the economy being the way it is, there's been a lot of turnover in my town's restaurants and that's a very good thing. Managers/employees and their terrible work habits that were tolerated, suddenly found themselves out of jobs when more mature and stable people went looking.

A side note rant about restaurants... bathrooms! I started looking at their bathrooms before ordering and a few of them have sent me back out the door. When they aren't clean and employees use them, too, I don't want those hands touching my food, glasses or silverware!!!
Old 04-11-2009, 01:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Marle)))

That's sad. I guess I'm really lucky. The majority of my production line (the ones who do the cooking and preparing of the food) are Hispanics and work very hard. Of course we're sort of like a fast food restaurant, but have dining room service with real plates, glasses, etc. We're not a ritzy place, and we're famous for having our grill up front with a counter so you can sit and watch the food being made and prepared.

There is the occasional complaint and if it's valid, I always go over and above to make sure the customer is satisfied and hopefully they will come back. Sometimes, I can't do it, but most of the time I can.

It's sad, when some people don't care, and can keep working and doing a lousy job, yet others, who would do a GREAT job, can't even find a job.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 04-12-2009, 06:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

For your sake, I would just go for dessert and coffee and leave a big tip!
Old 04-12-2009, 08:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

error post!
Old 04-12-2009, 08:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

On the light side Marle...perhaps a Gordon Ramsay intervention would straighten them out..even cooks have attitude..and prep
cooks too!!!

lauren
Old 04-13-2009, 01:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

How long has this place been in business? With service like that, I'd be very surprised if they are around for very long.

Or maybe people are just that rich that they are happy to spend their money on uncooked food. Go figure.