Thread: New
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 09:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
ButterflyDreams

Originally Posted by Maggot4Life View Post
The weekends are always the hardest for me, everything about the weekend reminds me of drinking. I try to get out as much as I can during the weekends and it has helped alot. When I don't feel like going out I stay home and play Xbox games, I can play for hours without even thinking of a drink. Guess you just have to do something that works for you. Good luck and I know you can make it till Monday. Try posting during the weekend, there is so much support here.

Thanks! You know you are right.... when I am doing something I love...like tennis, golf or photography or in the gym drinking is the furthest thing from my mind. Sadly to say it's walking into my house...at the end of the day is when I want a drink. So.... I can't really stay away from my house so I have to figure out what to do. I used to come home then work on my photogrpahy at the computer...but always with a glass of wine sitting next to me. Now this week I have sat there without the wine. I drink a nice warm glass of this calming magnesium stuff which helps and last night drank a Coke Zero. But on the weekend I'll be have much more time at home which worries me. I'm going to the zoo on Saturday to photograph so that will keep me busy then working on my pictures will take time...... keeping busy is the key............If I feel like breaking down I will log on and ask for help getting through it......

:ghug2