View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 10:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mspryss69

Campral. A new start I hope

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to share with you all that today I took my first major ( IMO) step to getting help for my alcohol addiction. I had my first meeting with a psychiatrist, with whom I have been trying to get into see for the longest. I devulged everything about my addiction and family problems which I have never been able to do before. This lifted such a burden off of me. I think that me trying to save face has gotten in the way of me trying to obtain the help that I need. For a long time I have known that I have lost control over my drinking and need some extra well needed help. Anyhow, I talked everything through with the Dr today and he prescribed me Campral and ordered some test to make sure that there isn't any damage to my brain or body :praying. Im so glad that I discovered this site. I have no one in my immediate friends or family circle that I feel comfortable discussing my battles with. I am curious to know if anyone else has been on this medication and what has been your experience with it. All comments & feedback are greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance