Thread: AS Ran Again
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 01:55 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
winnie12

well as someone said would happen, it did all hit me. always happens when i'm in the car - you all know that crazy person you see freaking out in their car all by themselves and you try to drive fast to get away from them - well that's me.

I got to rehab and his counselor was walking out the door - she just held me for about five minutes and i bawled my eyes out. she's a big woman and it just felt like a mom surrounding me. I found out the other kid he is with called his parents early this morning and said they were cold and hungry. (good lesson there). The parents told him they were on their own and they werent helping. Apparently they didnt realize we were hitting a cold snap and they were dressed for spring time.

so i left and the radio station in my car was all scratchy so i hit the button to tune it in and it switched to another station where a preacher was on talking about codependancy and relying on God. Then out of the blue i just pulled into a church. i never been there before but i just needed to walk in a church and pray. Their pastor was a really cool lady who had a lot of experience with addiction and gave me some extremely insightful things to think about that i'll post later - i want to share it but after i have some time to digest and really think about it. Got back in the car and now a new preacher was on talking about how we cant change other peoples hearts to be what we want and we need to step out of the way and let God do his job.

It was just a powerful afternoon for me.