Old 05-05-2004, 09:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Laura M
Paused

Re: Pathetic, ugly, smelly, untrustworthy, gross, nasty, pitiful, you get the idea

It is so true that alcoholism doesn't discriminate. Living in a small town seems to make it that much harder. My husband went to work this evening but is having a difficult time. He told me earlier this evening that he contemplated suicide just to make it all end. I know that we (the spouses) will never truly understand the feelings they experience. I have been amazingly calm this afternoon and evening considering everything that has happened in the last 24 hours. I am looking forward to climbing into bed and reading my alanon books and other literature. We will be spending the day together tomorrow as I have a consultation with a surgeon (nothing serious). I'm hoping that getting away for the day will help him forget for a few hours although tonight he said he wished he didn't have to go. I guess we'll see what the morning brings. One day at a time is so true although there are times when one minute at a time is more appropriate. I have really appreciated the responses to my first post. I look at it now and feel a bit guilty for being so hard on my husband but at the time, those were my feelings. They still are but they have lessened as the day has gone on. It's late and I'm off to bed with my clean puppies (bath last night) and my books. Good night to all and I'll be back tomorrow. Sleep well.
Laura