Thread: I don't get it.
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 04:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
jules67

xmy,

I can relate to what you said. About four months before I quit drinking I would wake up in the morning a little hung over and wonder why I was drinking so much.

My life was good, marriage great, not stressed ect. But I would pour a glass of wine while I was cooking dinner and just keep on going .

I did not have anxiety or depression at the time I just kept drinking every night. It started to scare me when one day I decided to see if I could limit myself to three glasses of wine, mind you they were about 8 or 9 ounces of wine filled to the very top of the wine glass! anyway I could not stop after three and the next morning I knew I really had a problem and quit a few days later,

I don't know if this will help you or not, but I am realizing that I don't know how to feel or handle emotions or stress. Because I numbed myself for so many years I have to re learn how to handle life "normally". I am going to an addiction counselor on Monday to begin the journey of figuring out what caused me to drink and how to change.

take care

jules67