View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 07:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bard
A new dawn and new chapter

The real work starts at 4 months?

Today marks 16 weeks for me and I'm pretty proud that I've made it this far. The first 2 months were my worst. That was the point I was seriously thinking I was losing my mind. 3rd month was better but still a good handful of snags in the road. But it seems lately I'm feeling much more better and stable upstairs in the old noggin. But with it some very intense and I mean INTENSE! desires to drink again have resurfaced. Honestly for the first 3 months I had little desire to drink. Any craving that popped up I quickly shot down. But the last 2 days I was battling some fierce cravings. Friday being the worse, I even grabbed my keys and wallet and was ready to fly out the door. but I kept pacing around the house telling myself that I didn't really want to do it and reminding myself over and over again of that nightmare world I just left behind an how hard of a road it was to get to where I am now. Finally I found some housework to do and peddled on my bike to keep me sidetracked and after that it quiet down to a dull roar in my mind. But yesterday when I woke up it was waiting for me all over again. Again luckily I was able to keep myself distracted enough and made it through.

It was all pretty freaky, 3 months of almost nothing then suddenly two back to back days of heavy cravings. I was getting pretty confident in myself thinking that it was going to be a easy road from here on out. Instead now that I'm feeling much better it seems like the real work is beginning!