Old 04-03-2009, 01:36 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
meditation

Feelings and emotions are the very things that drive us to use. I don't think that being angry is bad, it can be used for good. I was very angry about a situation , I chose not to use but it was a choice that I refused to give anyone else that sort of power over me. My anger ramped my willpower.
I've forgiven people but I also don't choose to put myself back in the lion's den of being around certain people to allow them to anger me. It's in my best interest to avoid them. Anger though is healthy it protects me anyway from harm. If AA was unhealthy for my sobriety I would avoid it.
I'm in a situation where I am stuck with a certain amount of 12 steps a week. I do my own program daily but show up and get my sheet signed the rest of the time.

It is a part of the consequences I have to endure but I found that what really works for me is knowing that I am loved and forgiven by myself and it's my sobriety at stake not anybody else's so what keeps me sober/clean is the best program for me.

I refuse though to suck up someone else's issues and say it's all okay. They have their troll refuse and it's theirs not mine. I refuse to see how I should own any part of their stuff. Do I look at myself yes. Do I try to control yours his or hers no. If it is your troll refuse, looks like it, smells like it well it's yours not mine lol.