View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 09:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Zencat
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Cool Where its at with what it is.

Addiction treatment has been very good to me. I plod along day after day finding my way through the maze of opinions of 'how to do its'. And boy oh boy have I found the opinion gold mine here at SC. Hahahahaha...its all good really, I'm learning that if I stick with and deeply develop my meaning of what is good for zencat the rest of the various paths become memories (good memories, yes) and my path ...I constantly remind myself that here on SC...is one of tolerance of the opinions that differ from mine...even the highly opinionated strong type A personality's of peeps. Bless their hearts for the most part they mean well.

So I'm a street level addict and on the streets life is very different. And I'll admit I miss some of the ways I used to (man) handle people...as low functioning as it was, it was...still very gratifying in its own swift street justice kinda way. But those days are over and I will learn new better ways of living life with others. Sure the old ways die hard for me, cause frustration, resentments and junk like that...But what the heck like I said: I'm willing to find a new better ways of living. So I thought... HEY! ...why not try online social sites to test out my new behaviors...like MySpace!. Ha that didn't work...All I found out is that I could be a bigger fool there than in real life...its like no mods to be found there. So here I be at SC still finding my way...I think I'm doing a bit better than when I signed on at the beginning here and a bunch better since the Wizard thread...and if anything I have learned: SC is not an anything goes funk fest of dysfunction site...nope it is best recovery site I have found (trying to add to its goodness actually).

Having said all that...I'm thinking what kind of responses I'll get to this post...if any (hoping the title will be enough of an attention ho-de-doe title *grin*). I mean what purpose dose this post serve? Am I just allowing myself some sort of expression of one of my personality disorders...bless mental illness little heart...or was this therapeutic in some way? Ah maybe its because I haven't taking my psych meds yet...LOL. Anywho I'm here to learn...thanks for putting up with me Morning Glory and the rest of the cool peeps here at SC.

P.S. the secular peeps rule