Where its at with what it is.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Cool Where its at with what it is.

Addiction treatment has been very good to me. I plod along day after day finding my way through the maze of opinions of 'how to do its'. And boy oh boy have I found the opinion gold mine here at SC. Hahahahaha...its all good really, I'm learning that if I stick with and deeply develop my meaning of what is good for zencat the rest of the various paths become memories (good memories, yes) and my path ...I constantly remind myself that here on SC...is one of tolerance of the opinions that differ from mine...even the highly opinionated strong type A personality's of peeps. Bless their hearts for the most part they mean well.

So I'm a street level addict and on the streets life is very different. And I'll admit I miss some of the ways I used to (man) handle people...as low functioning as it was, it was...still very gratifying in its own swift street justice kinda way. But those days are over and I will learn new better ways of living life with others. Sure the old ways die hard for me, cause frustration, resentments and junk like that...But what the heck like I said: I'm willing to find a new better ways of living. So I thought... HEY! ...why not try online social sites to test out my new behaviors...like MySpace!. Ha that didn't work...All I found out is that I could be a bigger fool there than in real life...its like no mods to be found there. So here I be at SC still finding my way...I think I'm doing a bit better than when I signed on at the beginning here and a bunch better since the Wizard thread...and if anything I have learned: SC is not an anything goes funk fest of dysfunction site...nope it is best recovery site I have found (trying to add to its goodness actually).

Having said all that...I'm thinking what kind of responses I'll get to this post...if any (hoping the title will be enough of an attention ho-de-doe title *grin*). I mean what purpose dose this post serve? Am I just allowing myself some sort of expression of one of my personality disorders...bless mental illness little heart...or was this therapeutic in some way? Ah maybe its because I haven't taking my psych meds yet...LOL. Anywho I'm here to learn...thanks for putting up with me Morning Glory and the rest of the cool peeps here at SC.

P.S. the secular peeps rule
Old 04-02-2009, 09:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Beware of MySpace. I just canceled my account. Not at all a healthy place for me. Too many reminders of my old life, my drinking and drugs, people I knew... blah. Better to move on.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

zencat, I think you're pretty nifty!
Old 04-02-2009, 09:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I must have missed the "Wizzard thread".

We grow older, we learn, that's what I understand. (minimal yes, but I'm in a hurry)
Old 04-02-2009, 10:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post
Beware of MySpace. I just canceled my account. Not at all a healthy place for me. Too many reminders of my old life, my drinking and drugs, people I knew... blah. Better to move on.
True MySpace is unruly and I can see how it can be a trigger. I have one friend there that I cherish and I was keeping busy by learning how to customize my page with HTML/CSS...something I could do more of as a hobby...keeps my mind busy with good stuff...a boon in recovery me thinks. And the Vampires game (BTW my page motif at MS is vampire-ish)...Its addicting and a great distraction...the blogs are liberating too...

Thank you for your concern tho
Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
zencat, I think you're pretty nifty!
Aw thanks I really appreciate that. I glad your here Bam and appreciate you .
Originally Posted by californiapoppy View Post
I must have missed the "Wizzard thread".

We grow older, we learn, that's what I understand. (minimal yes, but I'm in a hurry)
Oh man I made a fool out of myself on the wizard thread.

Thanks for the comment . I think I'm a little attention starved here on SC.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Your myspace profile looks cool, zen. I see nothing wrong with myspace as long as I don't spend too much time there. Because some of my friends don't use facebook yet, I still use it to stay in touch with people.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

cool zencat! I got hooked for a solid year on designing myspace layouts. I was obsessed! Imagine an addict getting obsessed lol.
I'ts fun, not sure why I quit doing it... hmmm that seems to be the way I am I get super into something and then never mean to ever leave it but I get pried away from a hobby/thing for a time and then I never seem to get back to it. I did the same thing with making baby quilts, beaded jewelry.. I am such an OCD soul.

But really it is a great hobby. I have managed to retain my birdwatching hobby and I still love to garden. I sound like such a nerd/ recluse but you know growing up as an only kid I have always had to entertain myself. I should take up knitting ... arghhhh! Nice to chat. And it's great you have found your own program to stay clean.

I think I am finally dumping a troll's bag full of resentments about rehab/AA meetings and I finally feel a bit liberated from them though I still have to do about 4 meetings a week due to this program I am in for the next couple of years. Even though I am not wild about AA I still go but NA hasn't been so bad I like it much better but it's still not my program of choice. Mine is zen/hindu sort of mash with a network of recovery folks.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You have got so much to offer Zen you need to post more
Old 04-05-2009, 11:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eroica View Post
Your myspace profile looks cool, zen. I see nothing wrong with myspace as long as I don't spend too much time there. Because some of my friends don't use facebook yet, I still use it to stay in touch with people.
LOL..I started a division overlay...got about half way done and quit working on it around X-Mas time.

Originally Posted by meditation View Post
cool zencat! I got hooked for a solid year on designing myspace layouts. I was obsessed! Imagine an addict getting obsessed lol.
I'ts fun, not sure why I quit doing it... hmmm that seems to be the way I am I get super into something and then never mean to ever leave it but I get pried away from a hobby/thing for a time and then I never seem to get back to it. I did the same thing with making baby quilts, beaded jewelry.. I am such an OCD soul.
Ha me too...I think is a ADD thing for me. I get totally into something when its new and the fizzle out on it.

Originally Posted by allport View Post
You have got so much to offer Zen you need to post more
Originally Posted by Phaleron View Post
I dig your introspection too, Zen, post more!

Phal
Thanks so much guys, I glad you here in the secular section with me and with all the other fantastic secular peeps.