View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 11:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
xge910

>There are quite a few self-evaluation tests you can take.
>Keep coming back, you'll find a Lot of support here.

yeah i checked that one one out. have an issue with the way question
# 2 is worded

2. Have you EVER awakened the morning after some drinking the night before and found that you could not remember a part of the evening?
YES or NO

in world i live in And i do not live in a world of alcoholics well over 90% of "normal" drinkers would have done this one time or another. if it was often i would be ok with it that. Have the same issues with, 3, 7, with the same wording. Hell i would have failed this test in my 20s, I am 52 now. i think you take any group of 20 somethings, if they are honest and 100% truthful about test and if they read it has it is written. well over half would be "Early or middle problem drinker"

That and all the questions have the same point value seems a bit off to me. questions 16 to 19 have the same value as the first 3?. Not remembering part of an evening? that it is the same value has having delirium tremens or your being hospitalized in a psychiatric ward? nope? I was very honest and failed 1, 2 and 5. I have been drinking more than normal of late, fell asleep in a cab and i am getting a beer gut. and feel bad about it makes me a problem drinker?

That said, and i do tend to call out stuff when i see it, i have found some very good things on this site so far.Never knew about drinking and high blood presser. the whole neuron transmission thing was cool to learn, Now i know. Last time i did "e" it did not work,Why cause i partied
kinda hard the night before. I have learned and now understand, my recent increase in use over the past winter, mostly out of boredom, and the need to back off for a bit. not allow the beginnings of a chemical in- balance to be the start of a very slippery slope indeed.

Someone earlier had ask why I am hear, looking for tools, I am many things, stupid is not on that list. I noted an increase in the amount and frequency of my drinking and noted the issue with tolerance. I been using more of late and need to stop, give some time to allow the body to heal and return to its previous state. Much of it is my fault, even this evening poking around here i continue to learn and to respect. learn how if un check how devastating it can be, and respect that when you consume it wisely you will be fine. Respect my self, and not become short sited again, be strong and learn to take the higher road rather then the easy pass low pass it will seduce you into. That i saw the tolerances starting to
build, to find the tools so stop the escalation, before it would begin to grow at first by the square then by the cube is the knowledge i seek

I think i have found the tools required for the task at hand, i'll stick around here for a bit more, More in the form of the ever vigilante
firefighter ensureing that every smolding ember of the averted inferno is dead and cold.