Old 03-29-2009, 08:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
stone

I understand that you feel some pressure to do AA Bam, I feel it myself BUT you don't have to do AA.

Some AA types here are a little guilty of forgetting the eleventh tradition "Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion", I found this quote here that I think explains it...
When some of us first recovered, we were shocked at our own success stories. Previously hopeless, we found a method that worked for us where all else had failed. It was the last resort in a life-and-death situation, and it worked. Some of us promptly marched off and told anyone who would listen that this was the only way, the best way, the real way to recover. This was a mistake. It antagonized people, and it was just plain untrue. We have no monopoly on god or recovery; we merely have an approached that worked for us.
Quote from Who are the Muckers in AA and CA?

But that doesn't mean you have to listen to those people or feel pressured by them.

I think some of us (myself included) see the secular forum as the non-AA forum (which it kinda is) but we go too far when we define ourselves only by that which we do not want

Don't want AA? Fine! After realising that we have to set about finding what we want, how we plan to recover. I am in the process of developing my own plan and I know you are too Bam.