View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 10:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
anewfather

My wife tried AA and although she doesn't know it I went to an Al-Anon meeting myself. In her case she met up with other drinkers that she knew in the past and they relapsed together, in my case it just didn't feel like the right place for me because everyone seemed so cut and dry..."leave her for your own sake"; I semi understand those thoughts now because nothing I seem to do works.

To address To Thine Own Self Be True, the meds aren't working because of the booze. It is actually on the label but even though I know that, it is near impossible to get her to actually see it. She makes the two week mark in all cases, feels better, and starts the whole cycle again.

For Kindeyes, similar situation, no local family. I moved here to be closer to my wife and her family and they deny anything bad.

For GiveLove, good childcare is really hard to come by. I used to be an executive and on a board of directors and living in downtown T.O. in Canada. Now my funds are next to nil after what I posted to above and all savings have been filtered for little one needs. Crib, car-seats, high-chairs...lol...everyone who has children knows the expenses. My real problem now is that I literally cannot predict whether or not I will have enough to simply pay rent now, let alone bills because my wife cannot understand the word budget because booze means more.

Still venting, sorry guys and gals.