Thread: Overload...
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 11:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Magichappens
Dancing To My Own Beat

Re: Overload...

Hey Lizzy,
I know how you feel. I have been working on my 4th step since October. I have dug deep and came up with some things that shocked me, things I thought were settled, things I didn't even know were buried. My problems go back to my childhood. For me to really find peace, I had to go all the way back. My inventory has been picked up and put down a lot. I work on it, put it down, take a break, get out of the depression some of it has put me in, get support, and then pick it back up. It is amazing to me to see that from the beginning, I was taught lies, and I based my life on those lies. Digging deep and finding the truth about myself keeps me from repeating those disasterous dead end actions that kept me from serenity in my life. Where do you start? I suggest that you find a guideline that you are comfortable with (there are several different versions in alanon, as well as codependency. I am using Paths to Recovery). Another suggestion that helped me is to make sure you are working with someone. If I had done this alone, I would probably still be depressed and stuck. This kind of work is not easy or painless, but I have gotten a whole new perspective on my life and how I think about myself. Good luck Lizzy. Keep us posted on how it's going. Hugs, Magic