View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 11:44 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
chris1959
Lack 'a' power

I'm Chris I'm an alcoholic and a drug addict. I read all the different forums, all the time. I learn from everybody and if I find that something works, I use it. If not I discard it. When I was new to AA I used to wave the AA banner all the way back to the barstool. How the oldtimers chuckled.

I read lots of posts by people claiming to be members of AA and trying to convince those who are not that AA is the way. Why ? Because many of them don't know what they're talking about. Many do not even know anything about AA. AA is based on "atraction rather than promotion" We state clearly, "If you want what we have." It does not say, "you need to do this program or you will die."

when I share; I share what I do to stay clean and sober on a daily basis.

To those of you who claim to be members of AA, carry the message not the disease please. You can't give away what you don't have. And maybe read the traditoins and learn more about AA, where humility is the principle foundation.

Tradition Ten for example states; "Alcoholics Anonymous has no opinion on outside issues; hence the AA name ought never be drawn into public controversy."

Altruism is the spirit and goal of my recovery and it doesn't matter to me how you git 'er done. If I am clean and sober today, I have a fighting chance at a better life.

Bravo to us all!

Last edited by chris1959; 03-28-2009 at 12:07 PM.