View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 10:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
TTOSBT
To Thine Own Self Be True

I LOVE this thread!
Now THIS is what recovery is all about. One addict/alcoholic helping another, sharing their experience, strength and hope.
I do a lot of work for my recovery and I am doing it in the fellowship of AA. But this was not always the case. I was HUGE on seeing the differences and not the similarities. It kept me out there for a long time and I wasted my 30's, drunk. When I came back this time, I was beaten down and willing to do anything to get and stay sober. The program I work today, works for me. And for that, I am so very grateful. I also LOVE the fact that I do not have to judge others, gossip about others, make snide remarks, etc. to make myself feel better.

I have some peace today. Wow! You have no idea how amazing that is for this drunk. I wish that for everyone on this journey. I really do not feel the need to tell you that you can only have that through a 12 step program. I have a woman's group that I attend that is not AA or any other specific program. It is just women in recovery. It is beautiful!