View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 11:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
CAPTAINZING2000
Psalm 118:24

Thumbs up

[quote=LosingmyMisery;2165430]
Just because we share our experience that isn't quite understood, does not mean that we never have been where you are, thought the same thoughts, or felt the same fears. We have. With that, we will always have compassion for the alcoholic who is still suffering.

Experience isn't arrogance or trying to state I am better than you. That just isn't true. Sure, there may be a few egotistical posts at times, but that is not the norm. I think most members here mean well and want to help. For myself, I needed tough love. I was to stubborn, hard headed, to smart for my own good and already knew it all. Yet, couldn't help myself. I started listening and doing the work and things fell into place and I began to get well. I can see and feel my growth and experience the benefits of my recovery. I have come full circle in my opinions and experience. I have a baseline to follow. The reason why I have this is because I have worked it and lived it. In my opinion, experience speaks volumes. It doesn't mean I know everything, but it means I know more than I used to, enough to keep me sober and that's what matters to me.
quote]

Excellent Post

Very well written in words, I wish I'd of written.
You touched on a very important point.

I so often try to choose my words to stress this to the person clinging onto the idea, that, perhaps they're not like us. That, this time they can drink and not have problems.

Most importantly, Anything we suggest is because, we don't like to see someone suffering from this.

Thank you for sharing

Chris