Old 03-26-2009, 02:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lestsavagegrdn

Looking on advice for restarting my recovery

I'm not sure how to ask this, But I've been drinking for about14 years and for the last probably 8 years drink in the 12-15 + beers a day. Also Drinking hard LQ with it. I've tried to quit and have been through court ordered rehab, I stay sober for about 60 days then relapsed and started drink even heaver that before. Almost like I never stopped. Its been a couple of years again and I tried to stop again, but this time I did it by myself. I started getting head aches, and having panic attacks to the point of thinking I'm having a heart attack I started drinking again to stop the attacks. I still want to quit so should I Just cut back until I can lessen the symptoms then quit, Or Is the point where I should see A doctor. I have good Insurance and hold my job, but Lately I've noticed my stomach starting to get tender and uncomfortable. From the research I did , I believe its the fatty liver thing and that's not something I want to go through. I think It's just time. I do want to quit, am I at the bottom yet I don't know but I miss being my self and The small times I used to be sober (those two months) I felt great.

I would love some advice please.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.