Thread: Respect
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 06:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mattcake

Post Respect

I think that certain values are the foundation upon which any community is built upon. Tolerance and respect being the bare minimum. Apparently, at this point, kindness and understanding are worthless and disposable.

I made a vow to steer clear from the latest wave of bickering going on in SR, until I received a rather inflammatory communication from one of my peers. So I'm not going to shut up about it anymore.

No one has easy answers when it comes to addiction. We all have a right to harbour our own personal opinions, and to practice whatever methods of recovery we choose. I'm not judging anyone, nor pointing fingers. I'm simply expressing my point of view - we all have a right to do so. That is what tolerance is about, IMO.

I'm appalled by the lack of respect going on recently. Lack of respect toward our moderators, forum leaders, greeters and administrators. Lack of respect toward one another. And, sadly, lack of respect to very new members who are in dire need of help, and whose introductory posts go practically unnoticed.

If you are reading this and feel like you should distance yourself from me, so be it. I'm not going anywhere.

So much for humility -.-