View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 04:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Troubledone

Thanks all - I find it very supportive to be able to laugh a little about all this - it IS so ridiculous that my poor neice believes this guy - it is both comic and tragic at the same time.

Earlier in my niece's current incarceration, she was what I thought was psychotic (she just wasn't putting events in order and was reporting hallucinations like seeing her dead grandfather and speaking with him).

I don't see any of that now, but golly, she just believes anything her boyfriend says. When she calls me and complains about anomolies in his behavior, I've told her that I just want to go on record as saying there is something missing. That there is way too much confusion surrounding this guy for him to be telling the whole truth - and then later I find out that yes, he was up to no good and lying. So despite all evidence that says he's a liar, she still believes him.

As I mentioned, I just think that she does not want to face the possibility that she could (and is likely to) get more jail time for this recent felony, not to mention getting her license suspended and maybe even a fine. The consequences are catching up to her and she's been sober for 8 months, so there is nowhere to hide except in the lies her boyfriend tells her.

Well, I do know that truth always comes out - it may take a while, but it always comes out.

thanks for your thoughts and input - it always helps.