View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 01:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
I believe that as well. And later on, when things go south--yet again--this will be the safety net. "I had to do it or I would have lost the money."

L
I used to get incredibly frustrated over folks who would post, 'seemingly' asking for advice when in fact, their minds had already been made up.

I'd watch the insanity, you know, doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results.

Today, what I do find in those posts is an incredible amount of gratitude that I finally realized that walking through the discomfort of making positive changes in my life was not going to kill me.

I am no longer in analysis paralysis. I no longer base my decisions or indecision around crazy-making people. Every single day is a new adventure for me. I am so danged excited about working towards my college degree at this point in my life!

My home is just that, my home, my safe place, free of chaos and active alcoholism/addiction. My big goofy 85 pound greyhound is currently under my desk with his head on my feet dozing. My ICD-9-CM coding books are spread out on the desk with the next chapter study guide waiting to be done. Oh, and Sage kitty is currently holding down my Epson printer.

I have more healthy friends in my life today than I ever dreamed possible, who hug me when I'm down, laugh with me when I'm happy, and share my accomplishments with me. Most of those friends are women, and oh what a blessing they are!

I wouldn't trade a single one of those things for a house and an AH if you paid me a million bucks.