Old 03-19-2009, 12:06 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by bugsworth View Post
Katie...my 2 cents for what it is worth. I don't like much of what aa teaches, I find the program seriously flawed and the excuses made for the obvious flaws redundant. However I am sober...you my friend, have been abusing alcohol for 32 years from your account of the situation. 32 years is a long time to have not found a solution that resonates for you. Your focus needs to be on what works, not on what does not.
I don't drink Katie...that's what works for me and many sober SR members...it's a proven method and works 100% of the time.
Thanks, bugsworth, I do appreciate your post. I don't know what is going to work for me. What I know for sure is that AA does not. That's ok. At times I feel like my only options are to go to AA or drink. Obviously, AA has not worked for me. It's been so long that I've been in the cycle that I just don't know what to say. I honestly feel like all my options are disappearing. Nonetheless, I have to get out of this place where I am at. I know that. I don't belong in this town - I am out of my element, so to speak.

The person who has been helping me had 18 years of sobriety in AA. He has long since bailed on the whole deal. He does get where I am coming from, FWIW. His first meeting was in 1961. Things have changed since then, according to him. Heck, things have changed since 1977, when I went to my first AA meeting.

So...I will continue to plod along. Who knows where things are going to end up. I sure don't. All I can do is to take it one day at a time and do the best I can do.