Thread: Suboxone saga
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 01:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
jerect
Restoring myself to sanity

After reading some of your posts I will never again complain about how much my AH is paying for his Suboxone..

My AH has been taking Suboxone since the end of October and it has literally been a God send because he has almost 5 months clean time...

I'm very fortunate that my insurance covers suboxone... My AH has to go see his Dr. every two weeks where she only charges him a 25.00 co pay for each visit... so thats 50.00 a month. She only writes out a subsription of the suboxone for two weeks at at time.. I wish she would write it out for a whole month but she says she cant because it's considered a controlled substance..

So my AH gets a script filled for the suboxone every two weeks and since there is no generic form we have to pay a 30.00 copay every two weeks..

On top of suboxone, my AH also is prescribed seroquel which is 30.00 a month, topomax which is another 30.00 a months and paxil which thank God has a generic so he only has to pay 15.00 a month..

I figure we pay about 185.00 a months in prescriptions and Dr visits... it's 185.00 we do not have but i figure my AH was spending way more then this on pills a month when he was using... he was probably spending this amount weekly to tell you the truth..