Thread: Suboxone saga
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 09:35 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
gotahavfaith

My AD started on Suboxone once again 2 weeks ago. $400.00 first month, $300 the second month and $200 every month after. Insurance pays for script and testing. She (I mean I) got a $300 discount. Most all doctors in this area are like this, and if not they have no openings. I paid for the first 3 months, and all I can say is she better get a job for the rest. I have paid out all the money for Her addiction that I am going to. I really am a great enabler, but this boundary does not get crossed again.

I am a supporter of the suboxone program, but I think it only works if you are working on the emotional side of addiction. And I think they have to work very hard on themselves while on the medication for the physical aspects. Its not as easy as just taking a pill. Its learning to live life NOT on drugs. Changing your thinking and taking responsiblity. Thats the hard part for my daughter. Daily living is the hardest thing for her. Getting up, getting kids ready, getting thru day. Routine stuff seems to overwhelm her.

Gotahavfaith